Thank you very much to everyone who came and supported our music event on 21st August. We’re all really pleased that it went so well, and we’ve had quite a few messages of thanks, so we think everyone had a great night! Even the weather managed to help us out, just in the nick of time though!
It was a lot of work to organise and deliver the event and we are so glad that it went well. Not only did everyone have a brilliant Queen and ABBA evening, but we also managed to make £8,000 for the Farley Hospital charity! This is an amazing outcome, and the funds are going to make a huge difference in our ability to safely look after the building.
- The August board meeting was the second to be held in the Wardenry now that is allowed again
- We have started work on a new Heritage Lottery Fund bid to fund repairs to the west wing roof. This is the most pressing of many maintenance tasks that were listed in a quintennial building report that we commissioned from a conservation architect
- We applied for and were successful in a £500 “Magic Little Grant” which was offered by Local Giving, the company who manages our donations page. Did we mention we have a donations page? You can give us one off donations or setup a monthly amount.
- The Wardenry got Wi-Fi and it can be used outside too!
- We are progressing work on the fire prevention systems
- Out in the garden we have been implementing no-dig gardening techniques in the formal beds. The Fruit cages are next…
- Date for your dairy: 31st October is the rededication service at Farley All Saints Church.